Conscious Box is a subscription service which offers a fun and convenient way to discover new products that are both healthy and ethical.
The idea behind Conscious Box is that subscribers can try products in sample-size, from ethically-minded companies that we otherwise might have not come across. Their product range covers food, health supplements, cosmetic products, home and garden products, and even arts and crafts supplies; and the box is delivered to the subscribers once a month.
I had the pleasure of receiving a box that was both vegan and gluten free to review. It was cleverly and quirkily wrapped, which made opening it just as much fun as exploring the goodies inside.
Conscious Boxes come with ten to fifteen products; mine had eleven intriguing items. I received: a pouch of fair trade coffee, a vegan protein shake, two soaps, a packet of mixed edible seeds, a packet of apple chips, a selection of whole leaf teas, a detox drink, a ‘relax all’ natural sleep supplement, a packet of hibiscus flower moisturizer and a natural sunscreen, along with some flyers with promotional discounts for other ethical companies.
Here is a sneak peak into the 5 Conscious Box products I enjoyed the most:
1. Yogavive Apple Chips was the first product opened at the eager bequest of my hungry boyfriend! They were crunchy and deliciously sweet; the cacao powder on the chips was a surprisingly good match to the tanginess of the apple, it tasted almost like cinnamon. We concluded that they would go excellently with mulled wine!
2. The Ivre de Fleurs Lip Balm, in Blood Orange and Juniper, smelled just as exotic as it sounds. It tasted delightfully orangey and the mango butter was gloriously soothing, it’s a perfect combination for dry winter lips. I would definitely buy this one again, I already know I will be missing it when it’s gone.
3. True to its name, the Lemongrass Summer Soap by Harmony Acres Soap Co. was certainly evocative of warmer days. The zingy and invigorating aroma that it released in the heat of the shower was refreshing and uplifting and it was nice and gentle on my skin. My only complaint: the little bar just didn’t last long enough!
4. I thought it’d only be fair to share the MRM Veggie Protein Shake with my other half. The taste was delicious, with vanilla being the most prominent flavor. It provides 22 grams of protein per serving from pea, hemp, brown rice, chia and flaxseed. Furthermore, it packs in antioxidants by including 13 different non-GMO fruits and vegetables! I’m personally not that clued up on protein shakes, but I can confirm that it was tasty and they did extremely well to cleverly pack in many nutritious foods without it being detectable to the palette.
5. I was intrigued by Abike’s Alata Black Soap, which looked almost like a flapjack. Made from unusual ingredients such as plantain peel, cocoa pods, palm kernel oil and coconut oil, it bodes well with the saying ‘You shouldn’t put on your skin what you aren’t prepared to eat.’ As someone with sensitive skin, I was very keen to try it out and I’m happy to confirm that the impressive statements on the information sheet had substance; it easily removed my makeup and left my face feeling clean and moisturized.
Overall I was very impressed with the vegan Conscious Box. It was packed with a good variety of interesting, healthy and enjoyable products of a high quality, and I enjoyed using and eating every single one.
I am happy to recommend their vegan subscription box, and delighted to award Conscious Box with The Vegan Woman Recommendation Label.
A special 3 months trial offer for The Vegan Woman readers
Conscious Box offers a choice of three box types: classic, vegan or gluten free, with four subscription options: monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly and yearly.
For those of you interested in giving the vegan Conscious Box subscription a trial, Conscious Box offers The Vegan Woman readers a 3 months subscription at a special low rate of $53 instead of $56.85, by entering the promo code “theveganwoman” at the checkout stage!
Please note that Conscious Box currently only ships within the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. They can also ship overseas to APO addresses, as well as US territories, and are in the works of being able to ship to Canada, Europe, and beyond.