If you would like to pamper your tongue with a sweet, creamy, warm experience, that everyone will love, then we have the soup for you!
This nutritious soup is an absolute delight, especially around this time of year, when the weather is getting a bit colder and the pumpkins are becoming a bit sweeter…
Vegan Thanksgiving Pumpkin Soup
1 and a half litres of water
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the chopped onion and celery. Don’t wait for it to become gold/ brown – just a little before that add to the pan the pumpkin and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add the water, tomato paste and the parsley. Place the tied bundle of herbs in (without untying).
- Bring to boil then simmer for 45 minutes over a low heat.
- Wait for the soup to cool slightly and remove the leaves from the soup
- Either pour into a blender (you may have to do this in batches) or use a hand blender and mix until the soup is smooth and creamy
- Season with salt and pepper (and maybe a dash of Tabasco if you’d like)
- Decorate with the soy cream